MET Drone Wide Body Road Helmet
The MET Drone Wide Body Road Helmet is strategically constructed to provide time trialists and triathletes with a balanced, comfortable and aerodynamic helmet that is ready to conquer any road.
The Drone's construction utilises MET's cutting edge In-Mould Intelligent Fusion construction to provide better shock absorption and balance. In-mould construction involves fusing together in the same matrix two parts of the helmet shell, the interior, which is generally black or grey polystyrene, and the coloured polycarbonate exterior. This construction technique provides better shock-absorption results than the Twin-Shell at the equivalent volume and material density.
Coupled with the In-Mould construction is the HES Homothetic Embedded Skeleton. This involves embedding a homothetic skeleton at the back of the helmet, which spreads the pressure built up by compression at the impact point during a crash and thus dissipates the force of impact over the whole shell.
This construction is formulated in an aerodynamic, wide-body design that aids the passage of air around the helmet for elite-level drag reduction. The full-wrap design envelopes the side and bottom of the shell for elevated aerodynamic performance.
Adding to the frontal drag reduction is the magnet attachable polycarbonate visor. This scratch-resistant time trial-specific visor fits snugly over your face to provide a clear view of the road ahead.
MET's flagship retention system, the Safe-T Advanced, has been incorporated into the helmet's shell for a reduction of weight and a larger cradle surface area for a more all-encompassing fit. The micro-adjustment dial allows for two millimetres of adjustment per click so you get a precise and comfortable fit. The added bonus of a four-step vertical fit gives better cranial protection.
Lightweight and comfortable Airlite straps combine with Coolmax internal padding to create a comfortable fit that actively wicks moisture away from the surface of your skin.
The added bonus of the included helmet bag means transporting this helmet on race days is a less stressful endeavour and the three available colour schemes ensure you'll always stand out on the start line.
- In-Mould Intelligent Fusion construction
- HES Construction – Homothetic Embedded Skeleton
- Full wrap. The polycarbonate shell wraps the bottom of the helmet towards the inside of the shell
- Wide Body Revolutionary concept of masses & volumes distribution sets a new standard of aerodynamic performance
- Polycarbonate visor. High quality, scratch resistant, purpose designed TT visor. Maximises the aerodynamics. Fits snug against the helmet and on the face with the nose bridge
- Anti-fog coating
- Reflective rear stickers. Being visible is essential to the safety of a cyclist
- Safe-T Advanced retention system
- Airlite straps
- Coolmax anti-allergenic interior pads
- Includes MET soft helmet bag
- Weight: 350 grams (medium)
There are no reviews yet.